Sunday, November 25, 2018

Mysteeq’s Maths Learning Story




The problem is about how many milk cartons can Sam and Allister fit in the green container.They wanted to save time by carrying more milk at a time, but they didn't know how much milk they could fit in the container

We were trying to find out how much milk can fit in the container/what’s the volume.


First I used my prior knowledge and I multiplied the width by the length by the height: 3x4.5 x 10=135cm because we wanted to find the volume of each milk carton.

Then I multiplied the width,length,height of the green container: 33x33x28cm but that was to hard so we took away the 3,3,8 to make the numbers all even so we made it 30x30x20 but it was too hard to figure out,it didn't work so I just stuck with 33x33x28 and I found out that the answer was 30,492cm.


After that we divided 30,492 by 135 we got 225. 
We did that because we had to find out how much 135s are in 30,492.

So we worked out that 225 milk cartons can fit in the green container. 



When I was in my group I was good at asking questions when I didn’t know what was going on and when I didn’t understand.



The K.C skill I used while doing maths was participating and contributing because I was always on the waka and sharing my ideas even if they weren't going to be right.


In maths I think I need to work on trying to agree and disagree with others because when we have one idea we don’t talk about it as a group, we just act on it.





Eva’s Feedback: During maths I think you do well in taking risks and sharing your ideas even if it might be wrong. Something I think you need to work on is agreeing and disagreeing because instead of just going with it, trying to understand it more, by asking questions to understand their thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment