Sunday, November 25, 2018

MYsteeq's Kapa haka learning story


Actions are bigger then words.
Every Thursday Morning some of our school go down to the hall to do Kapa haka and we meet with our tutor by the name of Matua Tod. We think kapa haka is important because we are carrying on the Maori tradition and we are sharing the culture through kapa haka.

In Kapa Haka, I shine through many things but the one thing It’shink I am good at the most is being loud and proud. When we are singing a song I try to be as loud and proud at the same time because if you combined those two then you will be the best Kapa Haka performer ever.

The thing I struggle with the most is keeping my Pukana on because if we are doing a haka and it's too long my eyes start to hurt and my face starts to turn red.

My next steps are to always lock and load all the actions and transitions because sometimes I can completely go blank in my head and forget everything, for example if we are doing a song that has transitions in it I feel nervous because I don’t know what to do.

The thing I would like to do next year is step up and be a leader and become a role model for the younger ones and show them what to do and how to do it.



No comments:

Post a Comment