Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Mysteeq's Reading learning story

Mysteeq’s Reading Learning  Story
Image result for billionaire boy



Do you have a reading experience? Because I do and here it is.!!

The book I am about to experience with you all is called  Billionaire Boy. It is by an author by the name of David Walliams and the text type is a fiction chapter book. The purpose of this funny book is to entertain and hook its reader in.


It was challenging trying to understand the book and get engaged into the book because some parts of the book were hard to understand.I didn’t really know what was going on  in certain situations.


As a reading  learner to understand the book I did some skimming and scanning to get to know more about the book so I know what was going on. When I was stuck on some words I had to do some inferring so that I could understand the words for e.g  (reading the whole sentence and making sure it makes sense with the word I think it means).One of the key comps I used while reading was managing self by not getting distracted and not distracting others.

My next learning as a reading learner is to sit away from distractions and interruptions because if I didn’t I would most likely get no reading done. For example when I was sitting next to Sareta and Jaleus I moved away from both of them because I know I would talk to them and not get my reading done.


“The more that you read the more things you will know the more that you learn the more places you’ll go” (By Dr Seuss.)

No comments:

Post a Comment