Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Mysteeq's Maths Learning Story

Maths is not about numbers, equations, Multiplication, subtraction it’s about understanding what you’re doing.


In a maths group, there are many different ways to solve a tricky probably.
The way I like solving my problems is by talking.
I think that is my favorite because if you don't
talk to a maths group you won't have any ideas or you will get nowhere with the problem.





Manusiu has 20 meters of material to make some tupenu for her family.
Each tupenu needs 1.5 meters of material. 

How many can she make?


First, we knew that 1.5m was one tupenu so then we multiplied
1.5m by 10 tupenu so we knew it made 15m. So 10 tupenu made 15m.
We know that we need to get to 20m so we multiplied 1.5m by 2 and it made
3m so 10 tupenu makes 15m so 13 tupenu made 18m. So we knew that we needed
2 more to make 20m but for 1 tupenu there was only 1.5 so we knew it wouldn't
make 20 exact. Then we added 1.5 to 18m to make one more tupenu. So 19.5m
made 14 tupenu.

I am good at explaining my ideas to my group so that they know what I a
m trying to do. I can also share back really confidently with my whole maths group.


The Key Competencies I used well in maths are participating and contributing
because I always share my ideas so it can spark off ideas from other people in my group. 


I want you to know that I need to work on telling people in my group to stay focused
more because sometimes I just let them be, and I just carry on with my work. 


The key competencies that will help me next time are Relating to others because
if I relate to others then I will be able to tell people to stay on the waka or stay on board.


Newman’s Feedback:
I know that Mysteeq is really good at sharing back with anyone because she is
really confident.





No comments:

Post a Comment