Thursday, March 3, 2016

My taonga


Do you have a taonga?


This is a story about my taonga, what it is, what It does and what I do to protect, nurture and sustain my taonga.


My necklace was from New Zealand. It was in this shop filled of gold. It was in the area with the best stuff. I got it from my grandpa when we went to Auckland together. We had a great time.


My taonga looks like gold,and it has a cross on It.It has a chain that goes over your neck and it has a little bit of a person on it as well.


I got it when me and my papa went to Auckland. We went shopping when we got my taonga for me. We found it in the first shop we went to and when I saw it I asked my papa, ”Papa can I have that pleasew” and he said “Why?” and I said “Because this can be my taonga from you and I will keep it forever” and he said “Okay” and I said ”Thanks. Thanks. Thanks papa ”


I protect, nurture, and sustain my taonga by putting it in a box which is safe so no little  hands can  touch my taonga. If my taonga got smashed from someone I will be really mad at who did it to my taonga.


My taonga is special to me because I got it from someone that passed on into the sky. I want it to last forever because he gave it to me to remember him when he passes on up to the sky.

I got my taonga when I was 6 years old and I've had it for 2 years  I've kept it safe for a long time If I ever break it then I will get really sad and maybe cry because it was very special to me.


I was so happy to have that necklace I hope you get a necklaces like me and I hope its from someone special to you.


Feedback
Monaro:Well done i think that you have explained what your taonga is and why it's special to you very well.
Prestigious:well done i think you have done very well in your writing.
Ggene:you are a star you have got all the detail you need for your taonga

No comments:

Post a Comment